If you are currently running a website and monetize it with Google Adsense, you are reading the right article. Why? Because there is another way how to gain even more ad revenues– with a monetization platform. We will explain to you the main differences and benefits of Google Adsense and monetization platforms.
Before we dig more in details, let us remind you how Google Adsense exactly works.
Google AdSense is a cost-per-click CPC program, and many buyers will be willing to buy ads on a CPC base. So you, as a publisher, will earn more money from every ad click made.
As you might notice, the setup of Google Adsense is straightforward and quick, and it's available for any publisher. However, you have to remember to meet eligibility requirements so your website can get accepted in the Google Network.
It works quite easy you need to insert an HTML source code on your website, and then ads become visible for each visitor of the site.
What is a monetization platform?
Monetization platforms or yield managers, like Setupad help publishers, to manage their ad inventory and connect them with more buyers (SSPs, including Google). Meaning that publishers ad inventory can be sold at the highest possible price.
How? Quite a simple solution to understand but complex to build it in-house– header bidding.
Definition of header bidding
Header bidding is an advanced programmatic technique wherein publishers offer their ad inventory to multiple ad exchanges or so-called SSPs, like Google and Pubmatic. The idea behind header bidding is to let demand sources bid on the same ad inventory simultaneously – in real-time. So in this way, publishers increase their yield and make more money.
Remember it is not only about the money
You have to keep in mind that in the programmatic advertising industry there are risk factors like:
- ad fraud– for example, some scammers use bots to pretend that a legit visitor made the click, but actually, it was made by a bot.
- malvertising attacks– like viruses, auto-redirects, pop-ups can happen via online advertisements or ads,
- low-quality ads, which can disturb your user,
- overcrowding the website with ads, wrong ad placements, sizes, and formats.
And all of these risks you would have to manage yourself!
Setupad covers these risks and provides benefits like:
- technical support,
- tips about best ad placements exactly for your website,
- avoid malvertising attacks, ad fraud (Partners with Geoedge),
- real-time bidding to bring the maximum ad revenues.
Our client's comment who previously used only Google Adsense:
Alexandru Cuibari, CEO at Whatfontis.com, says: “We started to collaborate with Setupad after 10 years+ of working with Google Ads and we saw an increase of 30% in our ad revenue. The integration was pretty smooth, and the math was simple: with the same traffic, we make more money without crowding the website with more banners.”
What are the differences between Google AdSense and Monetization Platform?
Google AdSense or monetization platform, which is better if you are a publisher?
Monetization platforms might seem like Google AdSense alternatives, which is partly true. But, in most cases, they are partners with Google.
Your monetization strategy really depends on several factors:
- the outcomes of your website based on the industry. For example, are you providing services, educational content, designing tools, or news? So you really have to understand your target audience to gain maximum results.
- website's traffic– the amount and geolocation of your traffic,
- viewability, and average CTR results,
- the loading speed of the website.
Our experts note that if you are a small-medium publisher definitely start using Google Adsense. And when you begin to earn 500 EUR per month with AdSense, consider partnering up with a monetization platform. With Setupad header bidding technology, you can maximize your ad revenue by a minimum of 30%. Test yourself by signing up!
If you have more questions, our experts will be happy to help you!